My mother-in-law is ninety-two years old, and getting a little… fuzzy in the memory department. I found this list from her caregiver, Mary, with these life lessons:
Here are a few things that Ms. E has learned:
- The hand held telephone will not change the TV Channel, nor does it have a mute button.
- If you tease the cat with your sock and then put it on your foot, the cat will bite it.
- The TV remote does not work very well after being in the freezer overnight.
- Fully used toilet paper that is placed in the trashcan beside the toilet will make the bathroom stink.
- If you are going to set up the coffee maker for the next morning, it works better if you grind the coffee beans first.
Here is the most important thing that I have learned:
Never ever bring any of these things to Ms. E’s attention.